Miami University alumni in games have held positions in a variety of companies. Recent graduates have gone to work at Microsoft Studios, Nintendo, Oblong Industries, ZooGames/IndiePub, and Zynga. Others have chosen to go to graduate school. Mid career alumni have include experience at Rockstar Vancouver and Lucas Arts. Others have chosen a career in education, becoming lead faculty in games and learning at major universities. Some notable alumni are
- founder of J!nx clothing, the sponsor of our annual global game jam,
- director of the Games+Learning+Society, one of the top programs and conferences for games and learning in the world,
- one of the originators of Dungeons and Dragons,
- vice president of Amazon Games,
- senior vice president of Activision Blizzard,
- founder of 11:11 studios, and
- CEO of choremonster.