The College of Creative Arts’ Interactive Media Studies program awards a scholarship to one of its students to visit the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco from March 19 through March 23 2018.
To be eligble for the IMS scholarship, a student must:
- Have demonstrated FAFSA needs (per CCA policy).
- Be over 21 years old on January 2017.
- Be a senior at Miami University majoring in IMS.
- Provide the materials listed below to demonstrate intent to work in the industry after graduating.
- Submit your application before Friday, December 9th.
The scholarship funding will reimburse some of the expenses made for traveling to and from the conference, purchasing a GDC pass, and staying in San Francisco during the days of the conference. The student who receives the scholarship will be moved into first place on the IMS free lodging list, but free lodging is not guaranteed.
The IMS faculty will select a candidate based the following criteria:
- Quality of the application,
- readiness to be employed in the industry and quality of the applicant’s portfolio,
- ability to act as an ambassador to the IMS program/AIMS, and
To apply for the scholarship, please fill out the form below. As the IMS GDC Scholarship is highly competitive, we recommend students who need financial support to attend the GDC to also consider other scholarship opportunities such as the GDC conference associate program, the IGDA scholarship, other GDC scholarships, and the OARS undergraduate research support.